Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thanks mom!


Here is a pic to show you the editing my mother likes to provide for me. She was kind enough to ask me if I really wanted her to edit it. Sure, I really don't mind. As long as she doesn't rewrite the thing. And in my family - we would. We are just nice like that.
Thanks mom!

I had the other day off from work and started my day in the doctor's office. Doesn't every person just love that annual physical - especially women? I swear I would kill for an appointment like I used to complain about when I was a kid - hit the knee with a thing-a-ma-bob, take my temp, give me a shot and I am on my way. And who decided to stop giving out lollipops? Instead, I waited a half hour in the waiting room, then another forty minutes freezing in a paper gown in what I call the "second waiting room." I do love my doctor though. She is incredibly nice and always a good listener. Going to the doctor is like therapy for me only much cheaper. A doctor that I can sit and talk to and cry to who can't go anywhere. She just sits and listens. Sadly my doctor's office is one of the only places I actually cry. Course that is how my mother ended up on perscribed drugs for 10 years. As my father would say and I quote, "quit complaining and they will stop giving you drugs." It was supposed to be a quick doctor appointment and then on to my fun stuff of the day. But after the appointment I was sent over to have a thyroid test. Walked into the waiting room there and took one look around and went right back out to my car to get my "waiting book." The book that sits in my car for when I know I will need something to do. By the time they called me in for the thyroid test I was totally sucked into my book, "More Than Friends" by Barbara Delinsky. I actually wanted to tell them to go ahead and take the next person. I was quite content to sit there and read all day. When I got out of the office, I then decided to skip my shopping trips and go directly to home (do not pass go, do not spend $200.) Somehow I ended up at the video store and somehow ended up with some really good movies too.

I rented "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock. I have been waiting to see this movie for awhile now and I wasn't disappointed. I LOVED IT! It was definitely one of those movies where you are on the edge of your seat the whole time. Although I was a little disappointed in the ending. I don't want to ruin it for anyone else, so when you see it then we'll talk. Also rented "I Think I Love My Wife" and I loved this one too! I think Chris Rock is incredibly funny. Could live without all the fuck this and fuck that, but I think he says the things people are thinking, but don't want to say. I feel like men could learn a few things his character learned in the movie. Then again, what do I know. "The Contract" with John Cusack was boring and slow.

My hubby and I planned a date night recently. We went to dinner AND a movie all in one. There is this wonderful local place where you eat a fabulous meal and watch a movie at the same time. Why is this important? Because one of my top favorite things to do is dinner and a movie. I am a big movie freak. And food is really important; expecially good mouth-watering food. The owners of this place used to own a catering business then they went into the movie business. You really can't go wrong here. My mother, my husband, our son and my niece and I went and saw "Kicking and Screaming" with Will Ferrell. We laughed so hard I thought we would lose our food. The kids thought this was the coolest idea. I have to agree.

So we went to see Die Harder with Bruce Willis who has been on my list of hot movie guys for years now. It was awesome except for the guy behind us who towards the end started to holler profanities about how unrealistic this movie was. I wanted to stand up and punch the guy. I mean it is a blockbuster. It is supposed to be entertaining. Who wants to watch boring home movies? We want action, even if it is hard to believe. What an ass! Otherwise the food was to die for and the atmosphere was perfect. My husband had steak and mashed potatoes - his favorite and I had a mouthwatering buger. Add in the shrimp appetizer, the creme brulee and raspberry strudel ala mode and you have yourself a very expensive and incredibly tasting dinner. Note there are two desserts listed because my husband said he would not share his creme brulee with me and I wasn't going to pass up a dessert at this place. I dressed up in my girly outfit and hopefully reminded my husband that I was still sexy. I have to say that my husband definitely passed for damn sexy. It was incredibly nice to see him dress up. Although I have to ask, do guys just not need to match? Is this a rule I missed? Either way I would have picked him up and taken him home. Luckily I already did. It could have been the recent haircut. It could have been the black shirt; black is definitely a good color on him. It could have been that I felt sexy for once. It could have been the glass of wine I had long before dinner. Who know? Who cares? I am totally looking forward to my next date with the sexiest husband out there!!

No comments: