Monday, August 20, 2007

Knitting



I received a beginners knitting kit from my Aunt and Uncle this past Christmas. My mother is a big knitter. I love the hand towels she has made for me and the scarves she has done for other people. She keeps showing me new sweater books and scarf patterns. They are so beautiful and I would love to make some of my own clothes. It is truly a dying art and I keep swearing I am going to learn. After looking at the scarf I am working on right now, I am wondering if this is such a good idea. I think the scraf I am knitting is dying right in front of my very eyes. Notice the intricate detailing - uhm the holes and the fact that the side I began on is much smaller than the side I am working on now. Maybe yarn just shrinks as you keep stitching. Not something I remember my mother mentioning. Also, I haven't noticed any of my mother's scarves looking like this. So if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. I don't plan to quit knitting and I fully plan on wearing this scarf - holes and all.

No comments: