Sunday, August 5, 2007

Pictures of Food


Okay I was just over at Notes From The Trenches and she made Blueberry Cobbler!! Oh boy, two of my favorites together. What a match made in heaven. Already I digress, she took pictures of her cobbler which she doesn't normally do. I don't know how to hyperlink a website yet, so you will have to click on her link to the right of this blog. Okay this is where my story comes in - wait for it - My husband and I always, yes always, take pictures of our food. Now I don't mean everyday, but quite often we pull out the camera and take pictures of our food. I don't know why and I don't know how this got started. The first time I remember doing this was the night Bill proposed. He took me to a really nice restaurant with incredible food. We were excited, having a great time and lots of wine and just decided the food was so good we would take a picture. The picture above is the latest picture of food when we rented a house on the beach. It was so much fun and so relaxing we were just in our element, so we took a picture to remember it. Just in case you can't tell, it is oh so incredible steak and potato Bill grilled on the BBQ. We used these really ugly plates, but hey we had plates to eat off of, I am not complaining. Notice the really romantic candle to the right of his plate. Notice it isn't lit. Oops. It seems like when we are totally relaxed and couldn't be happier is when we take photos of our food. Does anyone else do this? I was just talking to my mother about this a week or so ago and she thought it was weird. I actually cherish this more because it may be odd. I love that we do this. Hey and one more thing on the list of "Things We Agree On". I couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Thena said...

Just stopping by to say hello.
Thena Smith

thena.typepad.com

Heidi said...

Hello right back at-ya! Thanks for stopping by.