Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Washer Died . . .

or at least that is what it smells like when you lift the lid. It smells like moldy old clothes that have been left in there for too long. Which does occasionally happen in my house. So if anyone has any tips on what to do to get rid of the stench let me know. It is killing me. I forget and then I open the lid and for some god awful reason breath in as I lean in to pull out clothes. Uhg. QUEEN OF CLEAN HELP!!

And with regards to the Miss South Carolina comments - Do we really need another reason to make someone feel like a complete idiot? She knows she messed up the answer. Why make it worse? I was listening to the radio yesterday and they just massacred her. He kept saying what a complete dumb ass she was and how she was given the question before hand. Why do we feel the need to do this? Has this radio DJ ever screwed up on air? Said the wrong thing?

Most of Americans are more afraid of public speaking than dying. And yes I understand that she has probably been given some training in public speaking, but people do occasionally have problems on stage. Even if she was given the question before and had prep time, it is possible to forget your lines or have a small anxiety attack. I just can't believe that we feel the need to completely obliterate this person because they messed up. I do not agree with her being a dumb blonde just because of one answer.

I really have to give her credit for getting up there and participating. I can't tell you how many times I have watched this happen, especially in pageant contests. Not to mention I would have a serious problem with just finding South Carolina on a map. I am definitely not the best when it comes to geography.

I actually can see where she was going with her answer as far as most people really suck at geography and we need to educate our children more in this area. And yes, she definitely goes off on a tangent with the South Africa and SUCH stuff. But seriously, there is no need to be an ass about it.

No comments: