Friday, August 17, 2007

Remember me?

So it has been quite the week for me. Apparently no time for blogging. I spilled coffee on my keyboard and sadly I had to bury it in the backyard - just kidding. But lo and behold the very next day the mac keyboard fairy left a brand new one on my desk. Thanks hubby!! I had a small issue with uploading photos to my blog - you'll notice the photos from the previous blog are sideways. Still haven't figured that one out. I would not clarify myself as a computer wizard, but I truly feel I can work my way around a computer. Lately I think my computer is winning. And that is why I finally decided just to post the damn thing after it sat in my draft box for the whole week. F*&%$# computer!!

I also woke up Monday and realized I needed a new life goal. Something big. Something that would make me focus; make me work long and hard for something. I need goals in my life. I crave goals. I like having something to look forward to even if it is only date night the following week. Still something on the horizon - a silver lining in life. Something that will brighten my day. Something that will spark some light when I am feeling blue.

And then it came to me from who knows where - A TRIATHLON.

I would train for a triathlon. When I mentioned this to my dad he replied, "You know you have to swim." And my husband, something something something - translation "You're fat and do you know how hard it is?" He swears he never said anything like that, but my womanly translation really knows what he said. Thanks for your support. Yes, that was dripping with sarcasm. I have spent the majority of the week contemplating the work; devising a plan; and basically trying to figure out if I had the will to actually commit to this. I have really great will power, but sometimes I have even more powerful excuses. What I keep coming back to is I love those days when I get to sleep in. I love that I get to eat what I want when I want. I don't want to feel guilty for eating a few cookies . . . every few hours for an entire day off. I don't want to feel guilty for hitting the snooze button and sleeping an extra hour. On the other hand most of my workouts happen long before I really truly wake up. For the traffic police, I wake up, drive and then go back to sleep while I workout. In any case, I would be losing weight and training in my sleep. Something I really could like. I could do this six days a week and then rest on Sunday. Couldn't I? I swear I could, but that inner fat person keeps saying how hard it will be. The inner lazy person keeps reminding me of all the couch time I will be missing and all the wonderful lazy mornings in bed. Ugh, the agony of knowing I will probably give in and train because otherwise what a complete loser I feel like. To myself that is. I could do this. I know I could. So what is stopping me? Sucks when reality sets in. I would really like to just give in to that lazy, fat person inside. Course then I would be lazy and fat - slight problem there. I don't want to be lazy or fat, well not 98% of the time anyway.

No comments: