Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bowling

I can not believe I forgot my camera. It was absolutely an event to remember. Now it wasn't our first time bowling, but it was our first time bowling together as a family - just us and no one else. Kind of cool. We got to spend some really great quality time together and cheer each other on. I loved every minute!

I can't belive how good our 9-yr old son did. The 8lb ball was (I think) way too heavy for him. He would do this run up to the alley, but since he was carrying this heavy ball it looked more like a wiggle run. Out of control. Then he would just drop the ball and somehow it would roll down the alley and into the pins. It looked like an optical illusion. It was so incredibly hard not to laugh. It was cute and funny at the same time. And he was so excited everytime he bowled. You would have thought he got a strike everytime. Course he did beat my score on last game.

After the first couple of really good strikes from my husband. I asked, "did you used to bowl a lot?" Apparently my husband was on a bowling league in the past. I am sure he has mentioned this before, but for some reason I didn't remember. Then I started looking at his form and really watching him bowl. Wow, he does look like he was on a league.

I always bowl about the same way everytime. I bowl under 100 the first game, then over 100, then under 100. The first game is warm up - I am usually pretty excited to be there. The second game I am under control and sort of in my game zen. The third game I am tired.

So much fun. We used to bowl often when I was growing up. It was always a real treat. Lots of high fives and we were always the loudest ones there. Some things have changed - no smoking in the alley and the tv screens are not green anymore.

Some things haven't changed. I still love to bowl.

No comments: